In General, the competition process consists of the following stages:
- The Ministry of information and public development of the Republic of Kazakhstan approves the plan of grants for NGOs.
- Civil Initiatives Support Center publishes the announcement of the start of the competition for the provision of state grants;
- Applications from NGOs are collected within 20-30 days;
- The operator reviews applications for compliance with the requirements of the application form and the NGO grant Plan within 10 working days;
- The competition Commission evaluates applications within 15 working days;
- At the meeting of the competition Committee, experts decide on the award of grants.