Public Affairs Section, U.S. Mission to Kazakhstan is pleased to announce a funding opportunity on Capacity Building for Suicide Prevention.
Estimated award will range from 10,000 to 50,000 USD for implementing a project within 12 months in Kazakhstan.
Purpose of the project: to strengthen Kazakhstan’s ability to confront mental health challenges by promoting increased citizen awareness, formalized government support, and broader civil society capacity.
- Improve the quality of support provided to at-risk individuals though formal certification trainings for at least 100 members of the target audience in American and international best practices in the following topics:
- recognize signs of someone at risk and promote resources for wellness;
- intervene by empowering individuals, mental health practitioners, and first responders to help those exhibiting suicidal thoughts and behaviors;
- create and promote post-intervention resources for recovery of suicide survivors; and
- counseland provide relief for families and friends of those lost to suicide (postvention);
- Increase awareness of mental health challenges and resiliency by developing sustainable resources for suicide prevention efforts in the following areas: Suicide Prevention Hotline, Training Resources, Peer Groups, Outreach Programs.
Eligibility: The following organizations are eligible to apply: Not-for-profit organizations, Civil society/non-governmental organizations, Think tanks, Public and private educational institutions, Individuals, Public International Organizations and Governmental institutions
Application Deadline: June 07, 2021, 23:59
For more details, please see: https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/search-grants.html?keywords=%23DOS-KAZ-ALM-PAS-21-008