Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy Nur-Sultan is pleased to announce a call for grant applications Small Grants Program for Media Development
Estimated award will range from 10,000 to 40,000 USD. Project proposals are being accepted on the following themes:
1. Innovative approaches for gathering or sharing news, particularly with younger audiences;
2. Promote professional journalism standards, particularly fact checking, verification, investigative journalism, and fact-based reporting;
3. Support financial sustainability of media outlets in Kazakhstan, including alternative sources of revenue, by teaching media outlets about different business models and techniques for growing their audiences;
4. Support the development of peer-to-peer exchanges or grassroots networks of professionals for higher quality reporting, ethical and objective journalism, etc.;
5. Analyze trends in media consumption, disinformation/misinformation in Kazakhstan, and other biases.
For all themes, priority will be given to projects that yield concrete and measurable results.
Purpose of the program: to strengthen the media in Kazakhstan by improving the professionalism of journalists and reducing the negative impact of fake / unreliable news in Kazakhstan.
Eligibility: Individuals and the following organizations registered in Kazakhstan are eligible to apply: not-for-profit organizations, for-profit organizations, civil society/non-governmental organizations, think tanks.
Application Deadline: May 20, 2021 6:00 PM (Nur-Sultan time)
For more details, please see: https://kz.usembassy.gov/ru/small-grants-for-media-development-ru/