The U.S. Embassy Nur-Sultan Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State launched a call for proposals that seeks to provide funding support to Kazakhstan and United States’ not-for-profit and non-governmental organizations that support the development and implementation of strategic programming at American Corners in Kazakhstan.
Grant funding in the maximum amount of 50 000 USD under this Call for Proposals shall be provided under the following priority themes and complement or utilize American Corners’ core programs:
- Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurship, particularly for women, youth (18 – 30) and vulnerable population to advance economic independence and sustainable development. (commercial activity or specific businesses/startups will not be considered)
- Media Literacy – to develop a society that is able to recognize false information or question the accuracy of information.
- Innovation – to promote access to and empowerment through STEAM.
- Environment and Climate- to raise environmental awareness by creating citizen understanding of sustainable manage of ecosystems and natural resources, particularly related to air quality initiative.
- Cultural Heritage – to promote the understanding that ancient and historic monuments, objects, and archaeological sites as well as intangible aspect of culture in the world enrich and inform today’s societies, and help connect us to our cultural origins.
- Accurate Information about the United States: Providing accurate, compelling, timely and audience-appropriate information about the United States – its history, culture, society, values, and foreign policies.
- English Language Learning: Facilitating English language learning through access to English language speakers, resources, computers, and internet access.
- Study in the United States: Promoting higher education study in the United States by providing international students with accurate, comprehensive, and current guidance on applying to U.S. colleges and universities.
- Culture and STEAM: Fostering people-to-people connections to increase understanding and build respect with host country audiences through science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) and cultural programs.
- S. Alumni Engagement: Supporting continuing engagement with U.S. government exchange program alumni, connecting them to local audiences through alumni programs in which credible, local voices can share firsthand information about the United States and American values.
Purpose of the program: the development and implementation of strategic programming at American Corners in Kazakhstan.
- The U.S. Embassy Nur-Sultan Public Affairs Section encourages applications from U.S. and Kazakhstan registered not-for-profit, non-governmental organizations, and educational institutions.
- Proposed activities and implementation strategies should focus on priority themes and complement or utilize American Corners’ core programs (listed above).
Application Deadline: September 11th, 2020
For more details, please see: https://kz.usembassy.gov/notice-of-funding-opportunity-strategic-programming-at-american-corners-in-kazakhstan/